I am the administrator of the Academic Smart Catalog and Smart Evals systems at Bergen. As the Web Designer I have created automated web entry forms for Continuing Ed, Honors, One-Stop, and initiated and created the Center for Peace Justice Reconciliation first website: bergen.edu/pjr. I helped Student Services integrate VOKI into their orientation pages.
As an Instructional Designer at CITL, I present workshops and create video tutorials to help faculty with Moodle and associated distance learning technologies. Prior to CITL, I was an adjunct teaching Microsoft Office Professional Certification and Developmental Algebra.
As a technology person I am always thinking of ways technology can facilitate and improve our lives. Prior to working in education, I was a Technical Support Rep in the software industry where I was involved in all facets of software development and implementation: the applications as well as the systems, databases and networks they are built on. Technology can provide us with unique and creative strategies for serving our students.
BCC TEDx Event 4/26/2013 - to view my speech:
BCC TEDx "Collaborators, Bystanders, and Heros "
My Talks and Workshops:
Degrees and Certifications:
- Masters Degree in Educational Technology - NJCU 2008
- Microsoft Certified Professional Trainer - (Windows NT & Networks)
- CompTia Certified Technical Trainer
- NJ Certified Math Teacher
- TM Competent Leader, Competent Communicator, Advanced Leader Bronze awards
- Toastmasters: Area 92 Director 2016, Club: VP Ed 2017-18, President 2013-14