As an Instructional Design at CITL, I present workshops and create video tutorials and documents to help faculty and staff with Moodle and associated distance learning technologies. Prior
to my current role at CITL, I was an adjunct teaching the Microsoft Office Professional Certification program for Bergen’s
Continuing Ed and Developmental Algebra.
Checkout CITL's Moodle video tutorials: http://youtube.com/BergenCITL
My Recent CITL Workshops:
- Facebook in the Classroom
- Creating Web Pages with Sharepoint
Classrooms: Teaching Math with Online Graphics Applets
- iPads and You
- Moodle - Lab, Gradebook, Forums, Quizzes, Respondus, Turnitin
- Microsoft Outlook Tips and Tricks
My Degrees and Certifications:
- Masters Degree in Educational Technology from NJCU.
- Microsoft Certified Professional Trainer - for Windows NT & Computer Networking
- CompTia Certified Technical Trainer
- NJ Certified Math Teacher
My Vision for the College
As a technology person I am always thinking
of ways technology can facilitate and improve our lives. Prior to working in
education, I was a Technical Support Rep in the IT industry where I was
involved in all facets of software development and implementation: the applications as well as the systems,
databases and networks they are built on. Technology can provide us with unique and creative strategies for
serving our students.
My transitionion from corporate IT to education began in the mid-90's when I joined Chubb. During my 5 years at Chubb Computer Services, I taught and developed curriculum for a variety of Computer classes for Chubb's Corporate and TopGun programs.My Technology Background:
- Programming and Systems Analysis
- Technical Sales Support
- Project Management
- Computer Networking - TCP/IP, Ethernet and DECnet
- Relational Database Design - SQL, SQL*Plus, Oracle, MS-Access
- UNIX, Windows NT - admin, tools, Shell, awk
goal is to empower other Math teachers to teach with web technology through her professional development seminars and curriculum materials. Math teachers need the proper materials and training to integrate technology and the Internet into their lessons.